RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE
Red velvet cake recipe (#LC14080): A classic layered red cake with white cream cheese frosting, an all time favourite.
All Purpose flour
Red food color liquid
How to make red velvet cake recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Preheat oven to 170°C/ 340°F.
3. Sift together cocoa powder, salt and all purpose flour and set aside.
4. In another bowl, beat unsalted butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Add the egg one by one while continuing to beat. Add each one after the earlier egg is mixed well.
6. Add the vanilla extract & beat well.
7. In a another bowl add buttermilk and red food colour.
8. Add the mixture of buttermilk in to the butter & sugar mixture.
9. Add the bowl of flour set aside in step 3 into this batter little at a time. Mix gently until everything is combined.
10. In another bowl combined the vinegar and baking soda wait for the fizz. Once it fizzles out, add to the cake mixture.
11. Quickly fold in using a spatula.
12. Pour the batter to 2 tins to create a sandwich or you can bake in one deep tin and cut into 2 or 4 layers. Bake at 170°C/340°F in a preheated oven for about 20-25 mins.
13. Check for doneness. To check prick a thin skewer which should come out clean. Remove from oven cool the sponge in the tins. The icing on the cake can be done only once the cake is fully cool.
14. For Cream cheese frosting: Beat the whipping cream with vanilla essence until fluffy.
15. In another bowl take cream cheese and the icing sugar, combined well.
16. Then add the whipped cream to the cream cheese and sugar mixture prepared from the earlier step and fold in. Do not beat further.
17. Remove the cake from the tin after it has cooled a little and transfer onto a wire rack and let cool completely. Once completely cooled, place one layer on a base and spread a layer of cream cheese frosting. Piping bag makes it easier but not a must. A palette knife can also be used to do this. Place the second cake on the cream and press very slightly.
18. Cover the cake with the cream cheese frosting and serve.
19. You can decorate with raspberries or strawberries and serve
Baking tin - Round
Mixing bowl - glass