APPLE PIE RECIPE
Apple pie (#LC14071): A pie baked with the delicious goodness of apples and cinnamon enclosed in a flaky crust, topped with whipped cream to create an American favourite.
Peeled and sliced
Light brown sugar
All Purpose flour
Chilled & cubed
How to make apple pie recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. For the Apple filling: In a pan add apple, sugar, brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt mix nicely. Cook about 10 minutes.
3. Add the cornstarch mixture & stir and remove from heat.
4. FOR THE PASTRY: Mix all purpose flour & sugar. Rub in the butter in to the flour.
5. Add egg to form a soft dough. Do not knead.
6. Wrap in cling film & chill the dough in the refrigerator for half an hour.
7. Roll half of the dough into a sheet and line a 10 inch diameter pie tin. Gently press down the dough along the edges and corners and remove excess from the top. Using a fork prick all over the base (also known as dock) & chill again for 30 minutes.
8. Preheat oven to 180°C
9. Put some baking beans (dry chick peas or kidney beans can also be used) and blind bake at 180°C preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven let it cool a little & remove the beans.
10. Fill half baked pastry case with apple filling.
11. Roll out the balance dough thinly and cut into strips. Brush the edges withe egg to help stick the strips. Place the pastry strips across the top of the apples in a criss-cross pattern.
12. Brush with egg wash and bake again at 180°C for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
13. Apple pie can be served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream as an option.
Tart Tin - Loose Base - 10"